The liturgical resources are organized using the Liturgical Calendar and listed by week in the Current Seasons. A Scripture Index is available from Textweek. Many of these resources are also listed by form as noted in the sidebar. You may also choose to search this site by topic.
This writer is in the midst of transition away from church, retiring from professional ministry and looking for the sacred in the new ways. Her blog about the journey is here: River Water, and in this article addresses the Liturgy Outside website. For the time being, the Ponderings blog and this site will continue to be available. Your comments are welcome.
Additional writings and quirky tidbits (all written prior to 2012)
- Church: The Missing Manual - Downloadable manuscript for members and friends of EUCC who are new or returning to organized religion. Chapters include: Theology, Calendar (Church Year), Program Guide (Annotated Bulletin), Definitions (ABC's), Questions of Membership.
- Tasting Tradition - Addressing basic theological topics, this pdf is the first in a series of guides (Church: The Missing Manual) for folk new (or returning) to the church. Although free use is welcome, please do not make copies without noting source.
- UCC Story a worship service exploring the rich and varied traditions which have flowed into what we now call the United Church of Christ.
- Children's Lit a handout which explores a variety of ways to use children's lit in worhsip and also provides a bibliography.
- Rainbow Fish Tree- Our Rainbow Fish Tree is an Epiphany tradition for our congregation. The link provides the story and a selection of detailed prayers addressing the "isms" of our day.
- Forgotten Women, Biblical Reflections, Poems, Comments, Etc., Links